The Florence Central Market, close to the Basilica of San Lorenzo and the homonymous open-air market, was a key part of the renovation projects of the old town during the “Florence Capital of Italy” era, in the late 19th century.
Inaugurated in 1874, the structure was inspired by the Halles in Paris and built with modern materials as glass and iron, while remaining consistent with the identity of the adjacent buildings.
After an economic crisis during the second half of the twentieth century, the first floor of the Central Market has been refurbished in 2014 and now is occupied by artisanal food shops, becoming a meeting place for lovers of good cooking and for those who want to enjoy a street food dish without sacrificing quality.
Hotel River Firenze
Valid for stays from 22nd of September to 20th of December